New Canaan Advisors LLC (“NCA”) was founded in 2008 by Curtis C. Battles and is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut. NCA is a business/real estate advisory firm that provides public and private organizations with a unique resource for transforming underutilized assets and facilities into new opportunities. In short, we bring “real value to your real estate holdings.”
Chief Executive Officer
Curt has over 25 years of strategic development, financial assessment and operational expertise in a variety of industries including Commercial Real Estate, Beverages and Hospitality. Prior to founding New Canaan Advisors LLC he had long-term leadership roles on the teams that redeveloped two of New York City’s highest visibility real estate icons — Grand Central Terminal and the World Trade Center.
Curt specializes in helping public/private partnerships reinvigorate properties and transform undervalued assets into vibrant commercial projects that breathe new life into urban locations. He leads complex teams to implement a common vision despite divergent agendas among multiple stakeholders. A few of his accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Currently, advising the owners of the SS United States on the redevelopment of the over 500,000 SF ship as a new stationary multi-purpose waterfront tourist attraction in a major East Coast venue.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team that was recently awarded development rights for historic Union Station in Denver, Colorado.
- Provided operational expertise, strategic assessment and financial analysis in determining “highest and best use” for redeveloping the 16-acre World Trade Center (WTC) site after 9/11 attacks.
- Advised and represented the Port Authority of NY/NJ during successful renegotiations of the WTC Silverstein Properties net leases including the Master Development and Operating Agreements.
- Developed optimal operating approach using single “Master Manager” to oversee all day-to-day activities for the new 10.5 MM square foot mixed-use WTC site.
- Oversaw the $200 Million total renovation of historic Grand Central Terminal in New York. Innovatively managed shifting construction demands, changing leasing needs and the on-going operational considerations of a facility used by 500,000 commuters daily.
- Repositioned low-end retail to an upscale merchandising and entertainment center generating an incremental sales base of $125 million.
- Served as Client Relationship Manager overseeing a 50 person multi-disciplinary team of professionals across the U.S. on 30 projects annually yielding over $3.0 MM in fee revenue.
- Leveraged strong strategy, financial planning, operational, project management and relationship skills to optimize real estate investments for a variety of Fortune 500 corporations and public entities.
- Repositioned assets for various owner-entities to enhance value through increased operating efficiency, reduced costs and targeting capital investments.
NCA will partner with clients, unlocking their vision of creating and maximizing real estate value by:
- Leveraging unique value creation opportunities;
- Managing project dynamics within market constraints on a “turnkey” basis;
- Ensuring predictable outcome through disciplined operational execution and expense management;
- Proving timely project management progress reporting on goals and emerging opportunities.
Argyle Project Management LLC is an owner’s representation firm that specializes in project management for companies of all sizes based in CT, NYC Metro area and beyond. Argyle provides a full range of expert resources to help efficiently manage every aspect of your real estate needs. Whether you are looking for long-term cost savings, expanding, renovating or contracting space our solutions help you stay on schedule and within project budgets. The firm is based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Axiom Capital Services, Inc. partners with growing companies to enhance their financial strength through improved operating margins and cash flow. Axiom assists firms in enhancing their business enterprises, raise capital, and develop new business. This process includes employing innovative strategic sourcing methods to procure financial services products at the lowest overall cost. The firm is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Real Estate Solutions Group, LLC provides consulting services encompassing everything from market demand assessments to strategic planning. RES Group brings an astute understanding of the requirements for achievable financial returns in future development projects, negotiating development agreements, and implementing public/private partnerships. Their experience transcends all types of uses including office, residential, hotel, convention centers, cultural, marinas, retail, waterfront, and transit oriented development. The firm is based in Princeton, New Jersey.